About Prof. Dr. Nilgün Turhan
Prof. Dr. Nilgün Turhan, MD been a renowned expert in the field of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Perinatology, and Assisted Reproductive Technologies (IVF Treatment, Intrauterine Insemination) for over 30 years. She provides a highly individualized approach to patients, tailor-made treatments. She has vast expertise in gynecologic ultrasound scans, management of early pregnancy problems including recurrent miscarriages, all gynecologic surgeries including laparoscopic surgeries for the treatment of endometriosis, adhesions, ovarian cysts, benign gynecological conditions, and hysteroscopic surgeries for uterine septums, adhesions, polyps, and myomas.
After graduating from the Ankara University Faculty of Medicine in 1983, Prof. Dr. Nilgün Turhan completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Zekai Tahir Burak Gynecology Training and Research Hospital in 1989. She continued her clinical education and research fellowship program on Reproductive Endocrinology, Infertility, and IVF Treatment at the University of Modena, Italy for a year between 1990-1991.
After returning to Turkey she worked at Zekai Tahir Burak Gynecology Training and Research Hospital in Reproductive Endocrinology, Infertility, and IVF department until 1993.
She was an Associate Professor in 1994 and she moved to Fatih University School of Medicine and she served there as Full Professor and the Department Chair and Director of In Vitro Fertilization Unit between 1996-2009. She continued her all academic positions at the University of Turgut Özal in Ankara between 2009-2011. She was the Director of Obstetrics and Gynecology Department and Head of Health Institute of Muğla Sıtkı Koçman University, Muğla between 2011-2015.
In 2015 she moved to İstanbul Liv Hospital and worked there in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and IVF Unit until 2016.
Since 2016 she is serving Gynecology & Obstetrics and IVF Treatments in private Womens’ Health and IVF Clinic in İstanbul, Beşiktaş Levent.
Her scholarly work includes authoring over 225 publications on peer-reviewed journals, book chapters, posters, and oral presentations at International Congresses. Her publications were cited more than 400 times.
Prof. Dr. Nilgün Turhan speaks fluent English and treats patients from all over the World.
She became Associate Professor in 1994 and Professor in 2000. Between 2011 and 2015, I served as the Head of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Muğla Sıtkı Koçman University and the Director of the Institute of Health Sciences.
Between September 2015 and April 2016, I worked at Liv Hospital Ulus Hospital IVF and Gynecology and Obstetrics departments.
She has more than 233 published articles, 133 of which are in international journals, 14 book chapters, more than 200 congress presentations, 100 of which are international congress papers. Her researches have received more than 380 citations from peer-reviewed international journals.
- 1990 - 1991 Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Modena, Italy
- 1994 Associate Professor in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 2000 Professor in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Fatih University
- 1996-2001 Vice Dean, Fatih University Medical School
- 1997-2011 Chairman, Fatih University School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 1996 -2001 Director, Fatih University Nursery School
- 1996-2001 Senate Member, Fatih University
- 2001-2009 Member of Faculty Committee, Fatih University Medical School
- 2005-2009 IVF Center Director, Fatih University Medical School
- 2009-2011 Chairman, Turgut Özal University School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 2009-2011 IVF Center Director, Turgut Özal University Medical School
- 2011-2015 Chairman, Muğla Sıtkı Koçman University Medical School, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 2012-2015 Director, Muğla Sıtkı Koçman University Institute of Health Sciences
- 2014-2015 - Perinatoloji Bilim dalı Başkanı - Tıp Fakültesi, Kadın Hastalıkları ve Doğum AD Muğla Sıtkı Koçman Üniversitesi
- 2012-2015 - Sağlık Bilimleri Enstütüsü Müdürü - Sağlık Bilimleri Enstütüsü Muğla Sıtkı Koçman Üniversitesi
- 1991 - 1993 Zekai Tahir Burak Research Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology-IVF Unit
- 1994-2000 Associate Prof. at Fatih University Medical School
- 2000-2009 Prof. at Fatih University Medical School
- 1997-2009 Fatih University School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chairman
- 2005-2009 Director, Fatih University IVF Unit
- 2011-2015 Muğla Sıtkı Koçman University School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Chairman
- July 2013 Ankara University, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology-IVF Unit
- August 2015 Ankara Üniversitesi, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology-IVF Unit
- 2015-2016 Liv Hospital İstanbul Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology-IVF Unit
- 2016- Private Clinic İstanbul, Obstetrics, and Gynecology-IVF Unit-İstanbul, Beşiktaş
Creation of a Network of Women Trainers for the Development of Women's Training in the Mediterranean Basin in the Fields of Science and Biotechnology, Training of Trainers, 27 November-8 December 2000 Turin, Italy
The Health Promotion Project: Training of Trainers on Application of Science into Daily Life, UNESCO, ILO Project, 7 December 2000-5 December 2002, UNESCO Center in Turin, Italy.
Areas of Interest
- Obstetrician/Gynecologist Consultation
- Infertility, Assisted Reproduction Techniques, In Vitro Fertilization (IVF Treatment)
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Hysteroscopic surgery
- Gynecologic operations
- D&C - Dilatation and Curettage
- Polycystic Ovarian Disease
International Publications in Peer-Reviewed Journals
- Turhan NO, Artini PG, D'Ambrogio G, Droghini F, Battaglia C, Genazzani AD, Volpe and Genazzani AR. A comparative study of three ovulation induction protocols in polycystic ovarian disease patients in an in vitro fertilization/embryo transfer program. J Assisted Reprod Genetics. 1993:10; 15-20.
- Turhan NO, Artini PG, D'Ambrogio G, Droghini F, Volpe A, Genazzani AR. Studies on direct intraperitoneal insemination in the management of male factor, cervical factor, unexplained and immunologic infertility. Hum Reprod 1992:7;66-71.
- Özakşit G, Turhan NO, Oral H, Doğu N, Gökmen O. Relationship between serum CA 125 levels, endometrial thickness and corpus luteum function in different stages of ovarian activity. J Endocrinol Invest 1993:16; 175-179.
- Gülekli B, Turhan NO, Şenöz S, Kükner S, Oral H, Gökmen O. Endocrinological ultrasonographic and clinical findings in adolescent and adult polycystic ovary patients: a comparative study. Gynecol Endocrinol 1993:7; 273-277.
- Gülekli B, Özakşit G, Turhan NO, Şenöz S, Oral H, Gökmen O. Tamoxifen: an alternative approach in resistant polycystic ovarian syndrome patients. JPMA 1993:43;89-90.
- Turhan NO, Şenöz S, Gülekli B, Özakşit G, Oral H, Gökmen O. Clinical and endocrine features of ultrasound-diagnosed polycystic ovary patients: the correlation between ovarian volume and androgen activity. JPMA 1993:43;4-6.
- Şenöz S, Özakşit G, Turhan NO, Gülekli B, Gökmen O. Lipid profiles in women with hirsutism and polycystic ovaries. Gynecol. Endocrinol 1994:8:33-37.
- Kuscu E, Vicdan K, Turhan NO, Oguz S, Zorlu G, Gökmen O.The hormonal profile in ectopic pregnancies. J Pak Med Assoc 1994;44:45-7.
- Mungan T, Vicdan K, Yalçın H, Turhan NO. Thyroid function: Fetal-maternal relationship at term. JPMA 1994:44:104-106.
- Turhan NO. Termination of pregnancy for maternal toxoplasmosis. (Yorum) Tr. J. Medical Sciences 1994:21;213.
- Turhan NO. Oral contraceptives and risk of breast cancer in women aged 20-54 years. J. Medical Sciences 1994:22;303-5.
- Turhan NO. Randomized controlled trial of routine cervical examinations in pregnancy. Tr. J. Medical Sciences 1994:22;303-5.
- Turhan NO, Dilmen G, Seçkin N, Gökşin E. Initial appearance and resolution of ectopic pregnancy in transvaginal color Doppler. Tr. J. of Medical Sciences 1995;23:155-156.
- Dilmen G, Turhan NO, Toppare MF, Seçkin NC, Öztürk M, Gökşin E. Scapula length measurement for assessment of fetal growth and development. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology 1995;21:139-142
- Özmen Ş, Seçkin N, Turhan NO, Dilmen G, Dilmen U. Fetal methemoglobinemia: a cause of nonimmune hydrops fetalis. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1995; 173:232-233
- Şenöz S, Gülekli B, Turhan NO, Özakşit G, Odabaşi AR, Oral H, Özcan U, Gökmen O. Do the suppression criteria in GnRH-a cycles predict in vitro fertilization outcome? Gynecol Endocrinol 1995;9:91-6
- Gökmen O, Seçkin NS, Şener AB, Turhan NO. Continuous versus sequential hormone replacement therapy in postmenopausal women. Tr. J. Medical Sciences 1995;25:197-199.
- Seçkin NC, Turhan NO, Özmen Ş, Öztürk M, Erdoğan M. Lipoprotein a levels in Turkish postmenopausal women: a preliminary study. Tr. J of Medical Sciences 1995;25:201-203.
- Dilmen G, Toppare MF, Turhan NO, Öztürk M, İşik S. Transverse cerebellar diameter and transverse cerebellar diameter/abdominal circumference index for assessing fetal growth. Fetal Diagn Ther 1996;11:50-56.
- Dilmen G, Turhan NO, Seçkin NC. Transvaginal color Doppler assessment of the uteroplacental circulation in normal and abnormal pregnancies in the first trimester.Int J Gynecol Obstet 1996:52;285-6.
- Seçkin NC, Turhan NO, Özmen Ş, Ersan F, Avşar F, Üstün H. Routine colposcopic evaluation of patients with persistent inflammatory cellular changes on Pap smear. Int J Obstet Gynecol 1997;59:25-29.
- Seçkin NC, Turhan NO, Dilmen G. Ovulation induction and breast cancer. Gynecol Obstet Invest 1998;45:144.
- Seçkin NC, Şener AB, Turhan NO, Gökmen O, Orhon E, Bulgurlu H. The menopausal age, related factors, and climacteric symptoms in Turkish women. Maturitas 1998;30:37-40.
- Özmen Ş, Turhan NO, Seçkin Gardnerella-Associated vaginitis: Comparison of three treatment modalities. Tr J Medical Sciences 1998;28:171-73.
- Turhan NO, Toppare MF, Seçkin NC, Dilmen G. The predictive power of endocrine tests for the diagnosis of polycystic ovaries in women with oligomenorrhea. Gynecol Obstet Invest 1999;48:183-6.
- Turhan NO, Karabulut A, Adam B. Maternal serum interleukin 6 levels in preterm labor: prediction of admission-to-delivery interval. J Perinat Med 2000;28:133-40.
- Turhan NO, Dilmen G, Üstün H. Benign cystic teratoma of the douglas: case report. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2000:1;93(2):213-214.
- Alpay FB, Turhan NO. Intermittent versus continuous sertraline therapy in the treatment of premenstrual dysphoric disorders. Int J Fertil and Women’s Medicine 2001;46:228-31.
- Kopal Ş, Seçkin NC, Turhan NO. Acute uterine inversion due to a growing submucous myoma in an elderly woman: case report. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2001;99:118-20.
- Turhan NO, Atacan N. Antepartum prophylactic transabdominal amnioinfusion in preterm pregnancies complicated by Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2002;76:15-21.
- Dilmen G, Köktener A, Turhan NO, Tez S. Growth of the fetal lens and orbit. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2002;76:267-71.
- Dilmen G, Köktener A, Turhan NO, Tez S. Transvaginal sonography of the Yolk Sac. Ultrasound International. 2002;8:113-6.
- Açıkgöz ZC, Turhan NO, Ghenberzadeh S, Ark E, Berkman E. Vajinal kültürlerin mikrobiyolojik açıdan retrospektif olarak değerlendirilmesi. Mikrobiyoloji Bülteni 2002;36:2329.
- Açikgöz ZC, Turhan NO, Gamberzade Ş, Ark E, Göçer S. Increasing the detection rate of Group B Streptococcal carriers by non-selective cervicovaginal culture accompanied with the selective vagino-anorectal one. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2003;46:69-71.
- Turhan NO, Seçkin NC, Aybar F, Inegöl I. Assessment of glucose tolerance and pregnancy outcome of polycystic ovary patients. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2003;81:163-8.
- Seçkin NC, Turhan NO, Kopal Ş, İnegöl İ. Acardiac twin: a misdiagnosed, mismanaged case. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2003;107:212-3.
- Seckin NC, İnegol İ, Turhan NO, Bavbek N, Kosar A. A life-threatening second trimester disseminated intravascular coagulopathy with protein S deficiency. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2004;10:289-91.
- Turhan NO, Myxoedematous coma in a laboring woman suggested a preeclamptic coma: a case report. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2004;83:1089-91.
- Turhan NO, Eren Ü, Seçkin NC. Second-trimester amniocentesis. Five-year experience. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2005;271:19-21.
- Seçkin NC, İnegöl İ, Turhan NO, Nüket Bavbek: Diagnosis of Antiphospholipid Syndrome During the Diagnostic Work-up of Second Trimester Fetal Bradycardia, Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2005;11:231-3.
- Tez S, Köktener A, Aksoy F, Turhan NO, Dilmen G. Ultrasound Evaluation of the normal fetal pharynx. Early Hum Develop 2005;81:629-633.
- Turhan NO. Poor response--the devil is in the definition. Fertil Steril. 2006; 86:777; author reply 777, Turhan NO. Poor response--the devil is in the definition. Fertil Steril. 2006; 85:e1; author reply e2.
- Bayrak O, Cimentepe E, Inegol I, Atmaca AF, Duvan CI, Koc A, Turhan NO. Is single-dose fosfomycin trometamol a good alternative for asymptomatic bacteriuria in the second trimester of pregnancy? Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2007;276:17-9.
- Gumus II, Koktener A, Turhan NO. Perinatal outcomes of pregnancies with borderline amniotic fluid index. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2007;276:17-9.
- Atabey S, Duvan CI, Eren U, Turhan NO. Intrahepatic cholestasis and eclampsia: a case report. Hypertens Pregnancy. 2007;26:363-9.
- Kafalı H, Aker A, Bayrak Ö, Turhan N. Urinary Tract Injury During Cesarean Section Mimicking Postpartum Acute Renal Failure The Internet Urology 2007;5:1-5
- Gumus II, Sarifakioglu E, Uslu H, Turhan NO. Vulvodynia: Case Report and Review of Literature. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2008;65:155-161.
- Gumus II, Uslu H, Bavbek N, Turhan N. Multifactorial Thrombophilia in a Pregnancy: A Case Report. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2008;14:112-5.
- Duvan CI, Berker B, Turhan NO, Satiroglu H. Oral contraceptive pretreatment does not improve outcome in microdose gonadotrophin-releasing hormone agonist protocol among poor responder intracytoplasmic sperm injection patients. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2008;25:89-93.
- Gumus II, Keskin EA, Kılıç E, Aker A, Kafalı H, Turhan NO. Diagnostic value of hysteroscopy and hysterosonography in endometrial abnormalities in asymptomatic postmenopausal women. Arch Gynecol Obstet 2008;278:241-244.
- Kafali H, Duvan CI, Bayrak R, Turhan NO. Vulvar pilonidal sinuses: treatment of a rare cause of vulvar pain. Arch Gynecol Obstet 2008;278:487-8.
- Turhan NO, Bolkan F, Duvan Cİ, Ardıcoğlu Y. The Effect of Isoflavones on Bone Mass and Bone Remodelling Markers in Postmenopausal Women. Turk J Med Sci 2008; 38:145-152.
- Turhan NO, Duvan Cİ, Yuvacı H. Twin Sisters with Unique Septate Uterus: Is it Logical to Think about any Familial Tendency? Turk J Med Sci 2008;38:369-372.
- Gumus İİ, Turhan NO. Are patients with positive screening but negative diagnostic test for gestational diabetes under risk for adverse pregnancy outcome? Obstet. Gynaecol. Res. 2008;34:359–363.
- Kafali H, Duvan CI, Gozdemir E, Simavli S, Turhan NO. Placement of Bupivacaine-soaked Spongostan in Episiotomy Bed Is Effective Treatment Modality for Episiotomy-associated Pain. J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2008;15:719-22.
- Turhan NO. Health prevention strategies and screening in women and men. Turkiye Klinikleri Tıp Bilimleri Dergisi, 2008;28(Suppl):S255-S261.
- Gumus II, Koktener A, Dogan D, Turhan NO. Polycystic ovary syndrome and fibrocystic breast disease: is there any association? Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2009;280(2):249-53.
- Derbent A, Turhan NO. Acute urinary retention caused by a large impacted leiomyoma. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2009;280:1045-7.
- Duvan Cİ, Turhan NO, Onaran Y, Gümüş İİ, Gözdemir E. Familial Mediterranean fever: A diagnostic challenge in pregnancy. J Turkish German Gynecological Association 2009;10:235-7.
- Gümüş İİ, Uz E, Bavbek NE, Kargili A, Yanik B, Turgut FH, Ali Akcay A, Turhan NO. Does glomerular hyperfiltration in pregnancy damage the kidney in women with more parities? Int Urol Nephrol 2009;41:927-32.
- Duvan Cİ, Berker B, Bayrak Ö, Aydos K, Turhan NO, Satiroglu H. Comparison of semen parameters between pregnant and nonpregnant couples with male factor infertility during intrauterine insemination. Turk J Med Sci, 2009; 39: 531-536.
- Turhan NO, Duvan CI, Bolkan F, Onaran Y. Effect of isoflavone on plasma nitrite/ nitrate, homocysteine, and lipid levels in Turkish women in the early postmenopausal period: a randomized controlled trial. Turk J Med Sci. 2009;39:367-375.
- Derbent A, Yılmaz Z, Simavlı S, Ozer O, Turhan NO. First-trimester ultrasonography revealed a gestational sac featuring cystic spaces and no visible embryo: a case of trisomy 7. J Turk Ger Gynecol Assoc. 2010;11:61-2.
- Gümüş İİ, Karakurt F, Kargılı A, Turhan NO, Uyar ME. Association between prepregnancy body mass index, gestational weight gain, and perinatal outcomes. Turk J Med Sci 2010;40:365-370.
- Duvan Cİ, Gözdemir E, Kaygusuz I, Kamalak Z, Turhan NO. Etonogestrel contraceptive implant (Implanon): analysis of patient compliance and adverse effects in the breastfeeding period. J Turk Ger Gynecol Assoc. 2010:1;11:141-4.
- Kaygusuz I, Turhan NO, Duvan CI, Koca C, Aydin M. Effect of genistein therapy on plasma levels of asymmetric dimethylarginine in healthy postmenopausal women: a randomized, placebo-controlled study. Fertil Steril 2010:94;764-766.
- Köşüş N, Köşüş A, Duran M, Simavlı S, Turhan N. Comparison of standard mammography with digital mammography and digital infrared thermal imaging for breast cancer screening. J Turk Ger Gynecol Assoc. 2010:11:152-7.
- Gurbuz N, Sirav B, Yuvaci HU, Turhan N, Coskun ZK, Seyhan N. Is there any possible genotoxic effect in exfoliated bladder cells of rats under the exposure of 1800 MHz GSM-like modulated radiofrequency radiation (RFR)? Electromagn Biol Med. 2010;29:98-104.
- Kösüs A, N Kösüs N, Duran M, Turhan NO. Assessment of mean platelet volume of pregnant women wıth gestational diabetes mellitus and impaired glucose tolerance as a marker of future cardiovascular disease risk. British Journal of Diabetes & Vascular Disease 2010;10: 233-37.
- Derbent A, Simavli S, Gümüş II, Tatli MM, Turhan NO. Nifedipine for the treatment ofpreterm labor in twin and singleton pregnancies. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2011;284:821-6.
- Köşüş A, Köşüş N, Usluoğulları B, Duran M, Turhan NO, Tekşam M. Fetal magneticresonance imaging in obstetric practice. J Turk Ger Gynecol Assoc. 2011;12:39-46.
- Köşüş N, Köşüş A, Turhan NO. Discrepancy in improvement of hearing loss between left and right ears after postmenopausal hormone therapy. Med Hypotheses 2011;76:447-9.
- Derbent A, Tatli MM, Duran M, Tonbul A, Kafali H, Akyol M, Turhan NO. Transient tachypnea of the newborn: effects of labor and delivery type in term and preterm pregnancies. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2011;283:947-51.
- Derbent A, Kargili A, Koca C, Gümüş II, Sevgili S, Sımavli S, Karakurt F, Turhan NO. Serum platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase activity: relationship with metabolic syndrome in women with history of gestational diabetes mellitus. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2011;27:128-133.
- Kosus N, Kosus A, Yıldırım M, Duran M, Turhan NO. Mean Platelet Volume as a Marker of Thrombosis in Patients with Missed Abortion. Acta Haematol. 2011;125:208-209.
- Turhan N, Pekel A, Arıkan Y, Duvan CI, Bayrak O. Single or double sperm wash processing by density gradient centrifugation: Effect on citrate induced intrauterine insemination cycle outcomes. Tur J Med Sci. 2011;41:39-44.
- Köşüş A, Köşüş N, Turhan NO. Assessment of cardiomyopathy in fetuses of women with false-positive oral glucose loading test. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2011;154:37-39.
- Köşüş N, Köşüş A, Turhan NO, Kamalak Z. Do threshold values of ovarian volume and follicle number for diagnosing polycystic ovarian syndrome in Turkish women differ from western countries? Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2011;154:177-81.
- Duvan Cİ, Cumaoglu A, Turhan NO, Karasu C, Kafali H. Oxidant/antioxidant status in premenstrual syndrome. Arch Gynecol Obstet 2011;283:299-304.
- Derbent A, Yanik F, Simavli S, Atasoy L, Ürün E, Kuscu E, Turhan NO. First Trimester Maternal Serum PAPP-A and free β-HCG Levels in Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Prenatal Diag. 2011:31:450-3.
- Köşüş N, Köşüş A, Turhan NO, Kurtaran H. Effect of tibolone on audiologic functions in menopausal women. Climacteric. 2011:14;262-7.
- Turhan N, Pekel A, Ayrım A, Bayrak Ö. ICSI outcome in severe oligoasthenozoospermic patients and its relationship to prewash progressive sperm motility. Turk J Med Sci 2011;41 (1):995-999.
- Köşüş N, Köşüş A, Turhan NO. Relationship of ovarian volume with mean platelet volume and lipid profile in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome. Exp Ther Med. 2011;2:1141-1144.
- Kosus A, Kosus N, Duran M, Turhan N. Spontaneous rupture of fetal hydronephrosis: case report. Minerva Med. 2011;102:339-43.
- Köşüş N, Köşüş A, Güler A, Simavlı SA, Turhan NO. Transcervical intrauterine levobupivacaine infusion or paracervical block for pain control during endometrial biopsy. Experiment Thepar Med 2012;3:683-688.
- Köşüş A, Köşüş N, Turhan NO. Is there any relation between umbilical artery and vein diameter and estimated fetal weight in healthy pregnant women? J Med Ultrasonics 2012; 39: 227-234.
- Keskin EA, Onur O, Keskin HL, Gumus II, Kafali H, Turhan N. Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation Improves Low Back Pain during Pregnancy Gynecol. Obstet Invest 2012;74:76–83.
- Köşüş N, Köşüş A, Turhan NO. Mean platelet volume as a marker of future cardiovascular disease risk in pregnant women with impaired fasting glucose and impaired glucose tolerance. Turk J Med Sci 2012;42:1-7.
- Hızlı D, Köşüş A, Köşüş N, Kamalak Z, Ak D, Turhan NO. The impact of birth weight and maternal history on acne, hirsutism, and menstrual disorder symptoms in Turkish adolescent girls. Endocrine 2012;41:473-8.
- Köşüş A, Köşüş N, Turhan N. What is the best cut-off point for screening gestational diabetes in Turkish women? Turk J Med Sci. 2012; 42:523-531.
- Karabulut A, Derbent AU, Yıldırım M, Simavli S, Turhan NO. Evaluation of Risk Factors and Effect of Physical Activity in Caesarean Section in Nulliparous Women. J Maternal Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012;25:1456-9.
- Köşüş A, Köşüş N, Turhan NO. Gestational diabetes: comparison of the carpenter and the coustan thresholds with the new thresholds of Turkish women and implications of variations in diagnostic criteria. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012;25(6):616-22.
- Köşüş A, Köşüş N, Turhan NO. Are the first-trimester volumetric measurements with two-dimensional ultrasonography satisfactory? J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012;25:1117-21.
- Köşüş A, Köşüş N, Haktankaçmaz SA, Ak D, Turhan NO. Effect of Dose and Duration of Micronized Progesterone Treatment during the First Trimester on Incidence of Glucose Intolerance and on Birth Weight. Fetal Diagn Ther. 2012;31:49-54.
- Köşüş N, Köşüş A, Hizli D, Bitirgen EU, Turhan NO. Can serum ferritin, vitamin B12, and folic acid levels affect serum screening tests during pregnancy? J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012;25:1674-7.
- Köşüş N, Köşüş A, Turhan NO. First-trimester volumetric measurements: relation with hormone levels and fetal heart rate. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2012;286:365-72.
- Köşüş N, Köşüş A, Turhan NO, Kurtaran H. Hearing levels in menopausal women and the effect of tibolone on audiological functions. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2012;32:294-7.
- Derbent AU, Yanik FF, Gümüş II, Simavli S, Turhan NO. Impact of inherited thrombophilias on first and second-trimester maternal serum markers for aneuploidy. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012;25:2177-81.
- Köşüş A, Köşüş N, Duran M, Turhan NO. Does assisted reproductive technology itself or polycystic ovary syndrome as a cause of infertility have any effect on first-trimester serum screening results? J Reprod Med. 2012;57:129-35.
- Hızlı D, Köşüş N, Köşüş A, Kasap B, Kafali H, Turhan NO. First-trimester reference ranges for decidual thickness and its relation to progesterone levels. J Perinat Med. 2012;40:521-5.
- Kösüs N, Kösüs A, Kamalak Z, Hızlı D, Turhan NO. Impact of adrenal versus ovarian androgen ratio on signs and symptoms of polycystic ovarian syndrome. Gynecological Endocrinol, 2012;28:611–614.
- Derbent AU, Karabulut A, Yıldırım M, Simavlı SA, Turhan NO. Evaluation of risk factors in cesarean delivery among multiparous women with a history of vaginal delivery. J Turk Ger Gynecol Assoc. 2012;13:15-20.
- Turhan N, Celik H, Duvan Cİ, Onaran Y, Aydın M, Armutcu F. Investigation of oxidative balance in patients with dysmenorrhea by multiple serum markers. J Turk Ger Gynecol Assoc. 2012;13:233-6.
- Karaltı MO, Tınar Ş, Turhan NO, Öztürk DC. A case with vesicouterine fistula: minireview. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2012;285:667-70.
- Turhan N, Pekel A, Ayrım A, Kasap B, Bayrak Ö. Effectiveness of HP-hMG versus r-FSH in patients undergoing IVF/ICSI cycles with moderate male-factor infertility. Turk J Med Sci 2013;43: 144-149.
- Kösüs N, Kösüs A, Duran M, Turhan NO. Effect of number of abnormal oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) values on birth weight in women with gestational diabetes. Indian J Med Res. 2013;137:95-101.
- Köşüş N, Köşüş A, Hızlı D, Turhan NO. Appetite hormones and hyperemesis gravidarum. OA Medical Hypothesis 2014:18;2:1-3.
- Duran M, Köşüş A, Köşüş N, Turhan NO. Relation between serum PAPP-A level and umbilical cord thickness during first trimester of pregnancy. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2014;27:385-7.
- Simavli S, Derbent AU, Uysal S, Turhan NO. Hepcidin, iron status, and inflammation variables among healthy pregnant women in the Turkish population. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2014;27:75-9.
- Kosus N, Köşüş A, Demircioğlu RI, Simavlı S, Derbent A, Keskin EA, Turhan NO. Transcervical intrauterine levobupivacaine or lidocaine infusion for pain control during endometrial biopsy. Pain Res Manag. 2014;19:82-6.
- Duran M, Ustunyurt E, Kosus A, Kosus N, Turhan N, Hızlı D, Sarac GN, Erdogan D. Does vitamin E prevent tubal damage caused by smoking? A light microscopy and animal study. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2014;175:149–151.
- Turhan N, Simavlı S, Kaygusuz İ, Kasap B. Totally inverted cervix due to a huge prolapsed cervical myoma simulating chronic non puerperal uterine inversion. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2014;21:513-515.
- Duran M, Turhan N, Kosus A, Kosus N, Sarac GN, Erdogan D, Keskin EA. Do cigarette smoke and vitamin E affect the development of endometrial pinopods? An animal study. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2014:179C;117-120.
- Kasap B, Akbaba E, Turhan NO, Kucuk M, Akin MA. Successful treatment of MTHFR A1298C and C677T mutant ectopic pregnant woman with extremely high serum β-hCG levels using single döşe methotrexate. J Cases Obstet Gynecol, 2014;1:54-56.
- Köşüş N, Köşüş A, Duran M, Turhan NO. Effect of underlying infertility factors on second-trimester serum screening results. J Reprod Med. 2014;59:76-80.
- Simavli S, Derbent AU, Keskin EA, Inegol IG, Uysal S, Turhan N. Do the first, second and third-trimester maternal serum hepcidin concentrations clarify obstetric complications? J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2014;19:1-17.
- Onaran Y, Keskin EA, Duvan Cİ, Simavlı SA, Koca C, Kafalı H, Turhan N. Prohepcidin in maternal circulation: is it related with spontaneous preterm labor? Turk J Med Sci 2014;44(6):1108-13.
- Köşüş N, Köşüş A, Turhan N. Relation between abdominal subcutaneous fat tissue thickness and inflammatory markers during pregnancy. Arch Med Sci. 2014 Aug 29;10:739-45.
- Pekel A, Gönenç A, Turhan NO, Kafalı H. Changes of sFas and sFasL, oxidative stress markers in serum and follicular fluid of patients undergoing IVF. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2015;32(2):233-41.
- Duvan CI, Simavli S, Keskin EA, Onaran Y, Turhan NO, Koca C. Is the level of maternal serum prohepcidin associated with preeclampsia? Hypertens Pregnancy. 2015;34(2):145-52.
- Harmandar B, Yılmaz N, Akbaba E, Turhan NO, Kosan U, Kucuk M, Akın MN, Celik OI. Brenner tumor of the ovary with isolated elevation of the serum alkaline phosphatase level. J Cases Obstet Gynecol, 2015;2:4-5.
- Akin MN, Kasap B, Turhan NO, Akbaba E, Oner G, Kucuk M. Conservative management of rectovestibular fistula in a pregnant woman. J Cases Obstet Gynecol, 2015;2:34-36.
- Duran ME, Aydın A, Gökalp Ö, Köşüş N, Saraç GN, Turhan N. Possible protective effect of applying vitamin E to the rats having been exposed to cigarette smoke: an animal study. Global Advanced Research Journal of Medicine and Medical Science. 2015;4:183-189.
- Oner G, Duran M, Ulug P, Turhan N, Kumtepe Y. Evaluation the effects of dehydroepiandrosterone on ovarian reserve in a rat model with serum AMH and follicle count. Mitteilungen Klosterneuburg, 2015;65:114-121.
- Oner G, Uluğ P, Duran M, Kumtepe Y, Turhan N. Evaluation of the effects of quadrivalent human papilloma vırus (HPV) vaccine on the ovarian reserve ıin rat model with anti-müllerıan hormone and histological analysis. Asian Academic Research Journal of Multidisciplinary, 2015;32:143-150.
- Duran ME, Gökalp Ö, Alper T, Turhan N. Placenta accreata which is completed successfully with surgıcal procedure: case report. Clinical Case Reports and Reviews, 2015, 1, 16-18.
- Duran M, Köşüş A, Köşüş N, Turhan NO. CRP, HbA1c, lipid, and biochemical parameters and their relation wıth maternal visceral adipose tıssue and subcutaneous fat tissue thickness. Turk J Med Sci DOI: 10.3906/sag-1404-100.
- Kasap B, Akbaba G, Yeniçeri EN, Akın MN, Akbaba E, Öner G, Turhan NÖ, Duru ME. Adequate iodine levels in healthy pregnant women. A cross-sectional survey of dietary intake in Turkey. Saudi Med J. 2016;37(6):698-702.
- Kasap B, Türkçü ÜÖ, Akbaba E, Sarıyıldız B, Küçük M, Turhan NO, Öner G, Özcan A. The predictive role of sTWEAK levels in pregnant women with first-trimester vaginal bleeding. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2018;31(13):1715-1719.
- Khan HL, Bhatti S, Abbas S, Kaloglu C, Qurat-Ul-Ain Zahra S, Khan YL, Hassan Z, Turhan NÖ, Aydin HH. Melatonin levels and microRNA (miRNA) relative expression profile in the follicular ambient microenvironment in patients undergoing in vitro fertilization process. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2021;38(2):443-459.
Turhan N, Gökalp Öner. Jinekolojik ve obstetrik cerrahi girişimlerin komplikasyonlarının yönetilmesi. Muğla Sıtkı Koçman Üniversitesi Yayınları, Muğla – 2015.
- Turhan NO. Toppare MF. Gebelik endokrinolojisi ve fetal endokrinopatiler. Fetal Tanı ve Tedavi. Eds. Saraçoğlu F Güneş Kitabevi 1998, sayfa 514-52
- Turhan NO. Erken Membran Rüptürü. Acil Durumlarda Tanı ve Tedavi. Ed Kadayıfçı A, Karaaslan Y, Köroğlu E. Hekimler Yayın Birliği 1999, sayfa 344-347
- Turhan NO. Preterm Eylem ve Doğum. Acil Durumlarda Tanı ve Tedavi. Ed Kadayıfçı A, Karaaslan Y, Köroğlu E. Hekimler Yayın Birliği 1999, sayfa 344-347
- Turhan NO, Doğan D. Perimenopoz ve Tedavisi. Reprodüktif Endokrinoloji ve İnfertilite. Ed. Umur Çolgar, İstanbul Medikal Yayıncılık, 2006, Sayfa 323-347
- Turhan NÖ, Aker A. Ovarian reserv testleri. Temel Üreme Endokrinolojisi ve İnfertilite. Ed. Çiçek N, Palme Yayıncılık, 2007, sayfa
- Turhan NÖ. Hormon yerine koyma tedavileri. Üreme Endokrinolojisi ve Teknikleri ve Cerrahisi, Üreme Tıbbı Derneği Kitabı, 2009
- Köşüş N, Turhan NÖ. Menopoz ve Osteoporoz. Kadın Hastalıkları ve Doğum Bilgisi. Ed. Çiçek N. Atlas Kitapçılık Tic. Ltd Şirketi, 2012, sayfa 1751-1770
- Akbaba E, Turhan NÖ. Hormonal ve cerrahi konraseptif yöntemler. Ed. Çiçek Moderntıp Kitapevi, 2013, sayfa 519-543
- Turhan N , Gökalp Öner. Histeroskopi Komplikasyonlarinin Yönetilmesi. Jinekolojik ve obstetrik cerrahi girişimlerin komplikasyonlarının yönetilmesi. Muğla Sıtkı Koçman Üniversitesi Yayınları, Muğla – 2015, 33-35.